Cold War/Cold World
Contributed essay ‘Mutually Accelerating Demands’ to this publication edited by Amanda Beech, Robin MacKay, and James Wiltgen. Contributors include Éric Alliez, Maurizio Lazzarato, Amanda Beech, Robin Mackay, Christine Wertheim, Brian Evenson, Reza Negarestani, Joshua Johnson, and Patricia Reed.UrbanomicPublicationSeptember 30, 2017
The Demons’ Butterfly Collection: Roman Frigg on Modelling Dynamic Systems
Online report based on conversation between OfAC and philosopher of science Roman Frigg on complexity and modelling at the Tate Britain. Including audio and supplementary article and illustrations provided by myself.Office for Applied ComplexityOnlineAugust 08, 2017
Images, Information, and Meaning Report
Report including video and other material from an event I organized in conjuction with OfAC in 2016 at Miguel Abreu Gallery. With writer and artist Claire Lehmann, philosopher Peter Wolfendale, and artist Pieter Schoolwerth. We examine the historical, technical, and philosophical aspects of image production and perceptionOffice for Applied ComplexityOnlineAugust 08, 2017
- Risk Management: Toward Global Scalar Decryption
- Mutually Accelerating Demands
- Through the Inverted World
- Full Spectrum Aesthetics: Process Ontology, Normativity, and Speculations on the Category Theoretical Approach
- A Brief Pre-history of Emergence and Complexity in Social Theory
- Notes for “Stereoscopy, Exit, and Escape”
- Generalized Fluidity: Response to Liam Gillick
- “What is a Complex System?”: Notes on Ladyman, Lambert, and Weisner (Part 1)
- Body Construct: Reason and the Body
- Notes on an Overview of Modal Logics and Possible Worlds
- The Problem of the Indeterminacy of Art and Mutual Parasitism
- Constraints on the development of the Scientific Image, “looks”, and the relevance of value judgements.
- Lossy Description and the Hermeneutics of Images
- All Tomorrow’s Pictures
- Reorienting Art
- Lebbeus Woods at The Drawing Center
- The Grammar of Contemporary Art
- Response to Nick Srnicek at the Incredible Machines Conference
- Scopic Vision and Operativity
- Dark Trajectories: Politics of the Outside – Introduction
- Notes on John Armleder at The Swiss Institute & The Bernadette Corporation at Artist Space
- Velvet Exoskeleton
- Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen at MoMA
Xtrotecture is project which examines the simultaneous local and global presence of Lower Manhattan in an age of late-capitalism, technological acceleration, and the Anthropocene. How do we envisage the city now, and what potential strategies are available for confronting these contemporary aporias?
Office for Applied Complexity
OfAC is a online platform created by Diann Bauer, Victoria Ivanova, Joshua Johnson, Suhail Malik, Keith Tilford, and Natalia Zuluaga which organizes and communicates the latest scientific and philosophical discussion through creative strategies.
Uberty is a resource and research hub indexing documents and media related to New Rationalism, Accelerationism, and other developing theory and practices.
Fixing the Future
Taking up strategies in economics, theory, philosophy, and art, Fixing the Future looks to provide useful alternatives for thinking the future again, and to do so as an imperative. Collaboration with Diann Bauer, Suhail Malik, Keith Tilford, and Mohammad Salemy.
Dark Trajectories: Politics of the Outside
Published by [NAME] in 2013, Dark Trajectories is a volume of philosophy with contributions by Levi Bryant, Gean Moreno, Reza Negarestani, Benjamin Noys, Nick Srnicek, Christian Thorne, Alex Williams, and Ben Woodard.
646 591 1807