Current & Upcoming
an installation by Joshua Johnson, presented as part of the Workspace 2016 series, featuring the work of LES Studio Program artists-in-residence
Opening: Friday, November 4, 6-8p
Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Sunday, 12-6pmCuchifritos Gallery120 Essex Street (located inside Essex Street Market)
New York, NY 10002November 04 — December 04, 2016
Interview with Peter Fend
Interview with artist Peter Fend, regarding his work with Ocean Earth, mega-structure proposals, satellite imaging, and more. Broadcast live and presented in the gallery as a part of Xtrotecture.Cuchifritos Gallery120 Essex Street (located inside Essex Street Market)
New York, NY 10002November 06, 2016, 11:30AM
Images, Information, and Meaning
with speakers Claire Lehmann, Peter Wolfendale, and Pieter Schoolwerth. Organized and moderated by Joshua Johnson. In collaboration with Miguel Abreu Gallery and Office for Applied Complexity.Miguel Abreu Gallery36 Orchard Street
New York, NY 10002July 26, 2016, 7-9:00PM
#AGI: Accelerate General Intellect
I will be speaking on July 19th at 2:00PM at Pratt Institute.The New Centre for Research & PracticeJuly 18/19: Pratt Institute, Manhattan Campus (144 West 14th Street)
July 20th: Future of Mind Symposium (https://futureofmind.wordpress.com/)
July 21st: The New School (University Center, 63 5th Avenue)
July 22nd: Private EventJuly 18 — July 22, 2016
- Process Ontology Diagram
- Full Spectrum Aesthetics: Process Ontology, Normativity, and Speculations on the Category Theoretical Approach
- A Brief Pre-history of Emergence and Complexity in Social Theory
- Notes for “Stereoscopy, Exit, and Escape” published on &&& Journal’s Blog
- Generalized Fluidity: Response to Liam Gillick
- “What is a Complex System?”: Notes on Ladyman, Lambert, and Weisner (Part 1)
- Body Construct: Reason and the Body
- Notes on an Overview of Modal Logics and Possible Worlds
- The Problem of the Indeterminacy of Art and Mutual Parasitism
- Constraints on the development of the Scientific Image, “looks”, and the relevance of value judgements.
- Notes on Sellars, Plastic Forms, and Language
- Thoughts on Sellars, Art, and Language
- Lossy Description and the Hermeneutics of Images
- All Tomorrow’s Pictures
- Reorienting Art
- Lebbeus Woods at The Drawing Center
- The Grammar of Contemporary Art
- Response to Nick Srnicek at the Incredible Machines Conference
- Scopic Vision and Operativity
- Dark Trajectories: Politics of the Outside – Introduction
- Notes on John Armleder at The Swiss Institute & The Bernadette Corporation at Artist Space
- Velvet Exoskeleton
- Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen at MoMA
Xtrotecture is project which examines the simultaneous local and global presence of Lower Manhattan in an age of late-capitalism, technological acceleration, and the Anthropocene. How do we envisage the city now, and what potential strategies are available for confronting these contemporary aporias?
Office for Applied Complexity
OfAC is a online platform created by Diann Bauer, Victoria Ivanova, Joshua Johnson, Suhail Malik, Keith Tilford, and Natalia Zuluaga which organizes and communicates the latest scientific and philosophical discussion through creative strategies.
Uberty is a resource and research hub indexing documents and media related to New Rationalism, Accelerationism, and other developing theory and practices.
Fixing the Future
Taking up strategies in economics, theory, philosophy, and art, Fixing the Future looks to provide useful alternatives for thinking the future again, and to do so as an imperative. Collaboration with Diann Bauer, Suhail Malik, Keith Tilford, and Mohammad Salemy.
Dark Trajectories: Politics of the Outside
Published by [NAME] in 2013, Dark Trajectories is a volume of philosophy with contributions by Levi Bryant, Gean Moreno, Reza Negarestani, Benjamin Noys, Nick Srnicek, Christian Thorne, Alex Williams, and Ben Woodard.
646 591 1807